Peter Rabbit Cake

43 comments


Once upon a time there were four little Rabbits, and their names were - Flopsy, Mopsy, Cotton-Tail and Peter. They lived with their Mother in a sand-bank, underneath the root of a very big fir-tree.



Who has never heard of Peter Rabbit, the famous naughty little bunny created by the very talented English author/illustrator Beatrix Potter? To be true, I had never heard of Peter Rabbit until I was maybe 14 or 15. At that time I was only aware of him due to the beautiful Peter Rabbit-themed merchandise I sometimes saw in some book shops. But I didn't give him much thought either. Only recently I have gotten slightly obsessed by Beatrix Potter's works, mainly due to her gorgeous illustrations. I am quite sure my obsession also starts because I now own some rabbits myself...;). Currently I only own Beatrix Potter's books, but in the future, I also intend to collect some Peter Rabbit related stuffs, like teaware, cutlery, and some other porcelain-ware, etc.



My Peter doesn't look much like the original Peter Rabbit, but I am quite happy with the result. I didn't intend to make a rabbit family and only thought of making Peter, but in the end I decided to add his Mother and his siblings, Flopsy, Mopsy and Cotton-Tail - they look more like Peter's children, I know ;). Next to the cake there is also Jemima Puddle-Duck, she doesn't know Peter and his family, but I like her, that's why I made her too :).

The cake is vanilla cake with chocolate chips and covered with sugar fondant. The figurines are also made of fondant. I hand-painted all the figurines with food colouring. The branches and leaves on the cake are also hand-painted. I don't know if you can see it, but handpainting the figurines makes them look somehow glossy and makes a smooth finish, a nice effect, I think.

Vanilla Cake with Chocolate Chips
  • 100 grams white chocolate
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 2 1/2 cups cake flour
  • 1 cup milk
  • 100 grams chocolate chips



I wish you all a very Happy Easter :)!


Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

43 comments:

  1. Beautiful cake! I love your rabbits especially those shadings, very talented! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter to you too, this is a masterpiece, great cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing cake, and amazing bunnies :))) Have a Happy Easter weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW this is amazing !!! You are so talented !
    Happy Easter ! Following you back !
    Frenchy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible cake! You are so talented! Happy Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unbelievably adorable.
    What fairy tales are made of.
    Happy Easter..I bow to you:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so impressed by this cake! It is so beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow amazing cake first class you need to sell them for a business :-) happy easter

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it, am totally following you, you are so talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG this is the most beautiful cake I have ever seen! Happy Easter!

    I tagged you for our 5 recipes to celebrate Easter, feel free to join us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh My God....what a stunning cake! I'm speechless....

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful! I love the real bunny at the end too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning! This looks so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. gosh, I'm so impressed with all these!i wouldnt want to eat them, this is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So nice! You are quite the food artist!  very impressive. Love the little rabbits...

    ReplyDelete
  16. you're insanely talented CG!! everything looks too good to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh My!! HAHA!! Now i can confirm that you aced for your art during school times!! I actually thought that the rabbits are clay ornaments! You are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my Gosh! that's soo cuutee! i want one! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an amazing Easter cake! The only problem - I could never have the heart to cut it, it's just too beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Easter! Such an awesome cake!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really, really don't know what to say CG... you are just one crazy talented person who makes super cute cake and bento box... I don't know anyone who can do that. I'm totally impressed...Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy easter. You are a super craftswoman. Your imagination is marvelous. Excellent cake.
    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this cake! Happy Easter as well. The handpainting is so pretty and I can see the glossy effect it has on your figurines.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dear CG,thank you for visiting my blog!Congratulations on your cooking callery!It is really a gallery and you are a real artist!Well done,dear!Happy Easter and kisses from Greece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG! Looks fantastic! At first glance I thought you bought it from the bakery! CG, I think you can start a bakery now :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. hi cg, you've been tagged to join in the easter party@5recipes to celebrate easter. try to join if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, that's gorgeous! I wish I could do something like this too ^^ Happy Easter, btw ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. What an AWESOME cake! Love the bunny at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is simply amazing! You are indeed very, very talented! Btw just to let you know that I've tagged you to join in the 5 recipes to celebrate Easter. Do try to join in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  30. oh CG, i never knew you could also make such a wonderful cake! this is extremely beautiful. please teach me how to make those fondant figurines. you're so talented!!! i want to see more of your cakes.. hahaha.
    HAPPY EASTER CG! have a blessed easter.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. OH....MY.....GOD!!!!!!!!!! this is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  32. My daughter was obsessed with Peter rabbit when she was little and collected a lot of memorabilia. I love Beatrix Potter's art and literature. This cake is just too beautiful to eat. The figurines look like porcelain. Hope you have a happy easter.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This cake is seriously amazing! Your talent and creativity amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a beautiful cake - super impressive! Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. You are excellent artist cake looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  36. The cake is stunning, so intricate. Looks like you're having a great Easter with all these posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. So adorable!!!

    Happy Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. That's so impressive! The bunnies are so cute :) You must be one creative girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. ohh..i'm falling in love with your recipes! Amazing! I was just glancing through your desserts. This looks so cute & fabulous. If you are willing to, you can send any sweet & romantic recipes to my ongoing ''Valentine's Day Event'' :) So happy to follow you :)

    ReplyDelete